Monday 8 February 2016

Angel

I got the Sylphe from Reaper Bones and I decided to make a nice angel with an awesome base for my sister.
She has a really good magic the gathering deck based on angel so i thought it would be a nice present for her.



I started with making a wire tree and Jokke helped me. The Tutorial for the wire tree can be found here:
Tutorial for Wire Tree

it looked like this after we finished:






We got a piece of wood  as a base and drilled a hole in it so we glued the wire tree into it. We also got some nails and scrwes, old electronic part from a camera. The old electronic part and the screws were glued to the base and the nails were hammered into the wood. After that we used Chaios Black Spray Paint to make them all black.



I got dark wood stain and added it on the wood.




I got normal dirt and glued it on the other half of the base.



I then tried a weathering effect on the nails. Tutorial for weathering effect can be found here.
I did it with salt and hairspray and Citadel colours Scorched Brown and Graveyard Earth.
To spray the nails with hairspray for the weathering effect i used a paper to not get any hairspray on the dirt or the tree.


Then i added the salt on them



After remvoving the salt i got kinda rusty nails.


With schultping stuff i made some mushrooms. I painted them with Citadel Blood Red and Vallejo Bone White.


For the shiny slimly look i added Matt Varnish also from Vallejo.



I got dried moss and glued it around the mushrooms on the other side of the base to get a nice contrast between "technical world" and "nature".



With the rest of the wire we did some roots and added them at the back of the base.


After finishing the base only thing left to do was glueing the miniature in place.

Pictures of the finished project:







No comments:

Post a Comment